The Built for Texas: The Impact and Opportunity of Our Nonprofit Sector report highlights the critical role that nonprofits fulfill in our state and offers detailed analysis of current challenges and opportunities facing the sector. Originally released in 2019, the report will be updated this year with current data and additional findings. Get connected with our e-newsletter for the latest report announcements!
Here's a sneak peek at some of the newest insights you can explore in the updated 2023 report:
The size of the Texas nonprofit sector continues to grow.
- There are over 130,000 nonprofits across the state of Texas.
- The sector has grown by 22% between 2015 and 2022
Revenue for nonprofits is not matching the growth of the sector overall.
- Despite its 22% growth, the sector's total revenue grew by only 13% across the state. This revenue growth also varies drastically by region and type of nonprofits.
The typical nonprofit is small and very young.
- Almost ¾ of Texas nonprofits have a budget under $50,000, which is more than 60,000 organizations.
- The typical nonprofit is only 15 years old, and almost half of the sector’s nonprofits (47%) were founded after 2010.